Friday, September 11, 2009

Start them Young

My Coffee girl.

I heard coffee being made this morning at 6am. The aroma was almost enough to drag me out of bed...., almost. I fell back into a deep sleep for about 10 minutes when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Princess, my 6 year old is standing beside me. "I made you coffee mommy, do you want me to bring you some?" "oh honey, thank you, I am going to sleep a little longer before I get up, but it sure smells good." 10 lovely sleepy minutes later, tap, tap, tap, "are you ready now mommy?" "Almost," I say groggly, " just a little more sleep okay?" 10 minutes later, tap, tap, tap. "Mom, I am afraid it will get cold. I can just bring you some in a cup. "

"You know what sweety, I think I will just get up."

SHE LOVES ME!!!!

1 comment:

Char said...

That is so sweet!! I need to teach my kids how to make my coffee.