Thursday, July 12, 2007

Summer Fun



I love Spaving. That's spending.... with a whole lot of saving. I scourer the ads, clip the coupons, and shop the clearances.

But even better, I love having fun when the price tag is FREE.

So as summer approached, I rose to the challenge of finding fun, FREE things to do with my family. It was a sort of adventure.

Here is the list of adventures we have had this year:

Monday, Daddy is off and that is the most fun of all.

We have attended a bible study/play date every Tuesday.

Every Wednesday we mosey on over to the local theater and take in a free previously seen movie at 10am. We just saw Eragon, it was even better on a big screen, however seeing Charlotte the spider and Templeton the Rat bigger than life was a little unnerving.

Thursday we take advantage of the fun free things the library has offered with their summer reading program. Bowling, eating at chick fil a, a lakeside trip (soon to be had). Next Thursday we are going to go for Ice Cream For FREE!!!!!!!! What is cooler that that, no pun in tented.

Oh........... and of coarse we have been reading.

Laced in and out of these various adventure, we have attended free, ticked events offered by the libraries. Today we attended two, the second being a magic comedy. Watching the kids laugh and the amazement on their faces at the magic was worth more that all the money in the world.

On the way to each event we listen to books on CD in the car. We have three going right now. "Adventures in Odyssey" when all the the kiddos are there, "Harmless" when only Corine and Rachel ( since it covers topics for more Mature audiences,) and when I get the few opportunities to be alone on a road trip I listen to "Gilead." My kids love it and get upset when I turn the car off. It is magical watching them use their imaginations as they picture what is going on in the story.( I have rented all these books on CD from the library and they will remain free if I remember to return them on time. apparently the due date is not just a suggestion: )

And Friday is just not Friday unless we go over to Uncle Steve's and the cousin's to play football in and out of their pool.

Part of this summer is the fountains they put in front of the Arvada Library. Fully clothed or in a swim suit, the kids love to get wet in the water that shoots out of the ground.

While My husband and I were in Alaska, Nana and Papa opened their pool and that will be our next spot for free enjoyment.

I figure the kids will have to go back to school to get some rest. Our summer has been grand.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I wanna come stay at your house this summer! =)