Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Just me and Husband

My husband and I just returned, yesterday, from a wonderful trip in Alaska, Just the two of us. Nana and Papa took to the challenge of watching our 4 beautiful children. (spoiling in reality. but that's what Nana's and Papa's are for:)

My Husband and I took in Alaska and all it's wonders by float plane, raft trip, cruise and open road. What a glorious, and chilly, place. In Alaska you get the diversity of Colorado plus Ocean, Glaciers and big Mosquitoes. We saw Whales, a moose, and a bear from the sky in the float plane as well as a lot of land only accessible by plane. I loved to fly in a float plane, much to my suprise and hope to see the world this way someday.

On land we saw Bears ( lots of them) catching Salmon swimming upstream. We saw moose and more bald Eagles then I have ever seen in my life. We took a trip down the icy river that started from a glacier. and do I mean Icy. We even experienced the feeling of being on some great rapids without a guide, as ours, hitting a rapid too sideways was swept out the the raft into the icy water. That was quite a heart racing time. Even though I knew the rapids we rafted on were class 4s and 5s and offered danger and excitement even with a guide, it sure was comforting when he was back in control of things. ( I think there is a parable in there somewhere:)) And we partyed until 11:30pm even till 1:am on some nights because the sun didn't go down until then. We did miss seeing the fireworks though.

Thank God for cell phones so we could stay in touch with our kiddos who we missed much. We didn't let our missing the kids spoil our "honeymoon." Our 4th "honeymoon" to be excact, thanks to our generous parents who offer us this valuable opportuntiy. It was good for the kids to get a "vacation" from us too and they love staying at Nana's and Papa's.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Congrats on your blog! Aren't they fun? I'm so glad you and Carl had the opportunity to take such a wonderful vacation together. You'll cherish those memories forever.