Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Explorers


This weekend, while I was trying to stay cool in the hot weather, my brother and sister in law, my husband and my 15 year old daughter, Beans, trekked off to climb Mt. Massive. Mt. Massive is 14 thousand feet above sea level. It is also the 2nd highest mountain in Colorado. WOW. They started their climb at 6:30am and reached the top 4 hours later. Hubby said that about 1 hour into their climb Beans looked as though she was exhausted and determined never to climb a 14er again. However, she pushed through, never once uttering a complaint. Way to go!!!! When she got home she talked about what a great time she had and how she was looking forward to climbing again. This is the 4th 14 footer my husband has climbed and hopefully the first of many Beans will climb. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we hit the fountains in Old Town Arvada. I was blessed to be able to watch my 2 year old nephew. The kids got along great. When Husband got home he showed me the pictures and I felt winded just looking at them they were breathtaking. I may even be persuaded to hike a mountain, but not one called MT. MASSIVE.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Wow! Makes me tired even thinking about it. LOL I'd have stayed behind, too.