Monday, May 11, 2009

the valley

Sometime during the week, while we were wondering where Angel was because she had run away we received a devastating call at 12:00am Sunday morning. My beloved Step Dad Jim had died of a heart attack. This man and my mom were the first to encourage and pledge faithful support when we decided to adopt two preteen girls out of foster care. Jim was not blood related to me, my husband or my adopted daughters but unless you were told, you would never know. He loved us with all he had. Him and my mom were constant partners in raising two hurt and troubled teens and sometimes the teens hurt and troubled parents who adopted them.
I talked to Jim probably once a day and visited him at his business for coffee at least a couple times a week. Before I was pregnant with my son I worked with him as a cater and after my son was born, I would take him, his playpen and work in the shop. When my husband was between jobs, Jim gave him a job at his business although they couldn't really afford to hire someone. I miss him so much

No comments: