Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Butterflys

I have butterflies in my stomach. They are mad and making me miserable. They started with the onset of the teenage years of my older children and haven't let up since. I had no idea butterflies could last so long. I wonder if my stomach will ever be the same.

Raising teenager is challenging and uncomfortable.

I have teenagers and butterflies, maybe that will explain why I have not blogged in a long time. Both do not leave very positive things to blog about. And I certainly do not want to "bemoan" on this blog.

So here I will share about how teenagers and butterflies go hand in hand.

Above, I shared about the butterflies in my stomach. I worry about my girls choices, they aren't always healthy, sometimes down right destructive. I worry about the next moment when I have to confront my daughter on something she is doing that is not acceptable, I worry about what consequences she will face. I worry, I worry, I fear and I Pray. (I am getting better at the praying first part.)

But just as a caterpillar is not a caterpillar forever, my daughter will not be a teenager forever. Angel has proven that God has had her in Hand at all times and she is now a beautiful butterfly. A new creation, who makes good choices, and is succeeding.

I hate the butterflies in my belly and I plan to combat them with a trust in God. He promises "I know the plans I have for your life, they are of good and not evil." -Jeremiah
I choose to trust Him. That is called faith. Every person has faith in something whether it be a paycheck, themselves, or something else. I have learned the faith I want to have is not in myself but rather in my God. I look at my butterfly daughter, Angel, and know I put my faith where it belongs.

I love the butterflies that flutter around, there are even some still out this late in October. My youngest, Princess, points them all out to me.

I remember, butterflies start as caterpillars, plain and slow, eating their way through life. Then they add something special to this world. BEAUTY
My caterpillar won't be a caterpillar forever. The butterflies in my belly will dissipate with my trust in God and they will soar through my daughter as she grow up from caterpillar to butterfly.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Wonderful post! I love how faithful you always are. You are an ispiration to me and I'm so thankful God brought you into my life.